Exogenesis Symphony has three tiers of staff:
Ultimately responsible for all things. Establishes metaphysics, current world setting, overarching plot, final approval on all PCs/renown/downtime, plays primary NPCs and totem spirits, final say on all calls of mechanics and genre. Access to all forums and plot. May have one PC, provided they do not participate in scenes the HST runs. (Symphony)
Assistants to HST. Necessary bookkeeping and updates (renown/census/XP audits/Want Ads), support on overarching plot, personal plot/monster of the week scenes, auxiliary NPCs and spirits, authority to approve characters/renown/downtime. Access to all forums and plot upon request, input on world setting. May have two PCs, provided they do not participate in scenes the ST runs. (Exogenesis)
Personalized narrators. Run plots based off of PC Want Ads, focusing mainly on personal plots and monster of the week scenes. Can run spirits/NPCs with ST approval for narrative consistency. No access to character/pack forums or knowledge of overarching plot. (TBA)
What to Expect From Your Staff
- Staff will not enforce genre/setting, only share what existed before.
- Staff will not enforce rank/hierarchy, except by spirit understandings and referencing what existed before.
- To foster an environment of isolation horror, not all NPCs will be made obvious.
- Staff is not obligated to provide things IC (NPC Support, supplies, locations), unless you seek it out IC.
- NPCs exist on demand or plot necessity. They will not start scenes, or join them unless requested/sought after, or the setting demands it.
- STs are allowed to have PCs. They do not follow the above restriction, but are required to avoid a conflict of interest.
- Forums will become visible/unlocked the more you explore the bunker. At game start, only The Core will be known.
Getting the Most From Your Staff
- A Q&A thread in your forum (as opposed to PMs) helps the staff stay on the same page.
- Post links to scenes that need staff attention in Staff Scenes to make things easier to track.
- Any questions that could benefit the game on the whole should be asked in Player Questions. An ST has authority over a Narrator, but the HST has final say.
- Create Want Ads to help get the story you want. If it's something other players can do, post it in the Want Ads forum. If it's your personal plot, put it in your forum, and a Narrator/ST will reach out to you.
- Remember that we're all volunteers. Be patient with us, and be nice.
- GIVE COMPLIMENTS FREQUENTLY in the Staff Love thread of Shout Outs. It fuels us.
- Communicate openly, honestly and often. We can't fix what we don't know is broken.
Meet Your Staff
Position: Head Storyteller
Responsibilities: Final approval on all things. World setting and metaphysics. Overarching plot. Final call on mechanics. Approving new PCs and setting up forums/permissions. Processing downtime. Forum moderation.
Contact for: Bunker logistics and Totem Spirits. Anything involving the state of the world. XP Audits. Forum moderation.
Responsibilities: Developing personal plot. Supporting overarching plot. Processing downtime.
Contact for: Bunker logistics and select spirits. Anything involving the state of the world.
NPCs: None known.
Contact for: Personal plot development (in the event they pick up your Want Ad). NPCs that need to be played.
NPCs: None known.