In 2019, the apocalypse began. War errupted between nations and the wyrm flourished, tapping into ancient pacts to rally monstrous aid from dark, massive creatures of the sea. Millions fled inland in a panic, and the Agartha Project was born. Glass Walkers, Fianna and the Children of Gaia developed a deep bunker in the Rocky Mountains where all the world's knowledge could be stored, along with garou to be interred in cryostasis in a combination of ritual and technology.
On May 1st, 2020, the doors to the Agartha Project opened, calling any garou and kin who wished to outlast the war and focus on rebuilding. Many tribes derided the project as "cowardice," "a surrender of the spirit," or "the death of hope." But more and more warriors fell, and more reluctantly turned to the Project, claiming that even if the Apocalypse was won, there would need to be fresh eyes to undo as much damage as had been witnessed.
On December 21st, 2020, the doors to the Agartha Project closed, and some time before then, your character was interred in cryostasis. When game begins, the first pods will be thawed, and everything from there... will be your choice.
This is a W20 forum game bordering on science fiction. It's a post apocalypse setting that will be governed entirely by PCs, with a spirit and NPCs available as support and references. The burden of rebuilding and repopulating the Gaian Nation falls on your shoulders. The game setting, laws, traditions, population, economy, etc., are all subject to PC choice. This game is dominated by player impact. NPCs will not come to chastise, nor to bail you out.
What Can I Play?
- Any rank.
- Get of Fenris, Red Talons, Stargazers and Wendigo are restricted.
- Lost tribes are not allowed.
- PCs can only be garou or kin.
- Up to 2 kin and 1 garou PC.
We want you to find out specifics in character, BUT for the purpose of designing an appropriate concept, we want to warn you of a few things.
- Not every tribal totem survivied, though their children did.
- You exist in a bunker among yourselves; the Veil isn't as pressing down here.
- You are subterranean. The sky and outside world are hard to come by.
- The Wyrm is not your primary antagonist.
- The Gauntlet is MUCH harder to cross, and causes damage.
- Ancestors are much harder to reach.
- The vast majority of spirits are in slumber.
- PCs have seen no evidence of prodigals (fae/mages/etc) surviving, except ghosts.
- PCs have seen no evidence of fera surviving.
- PCs have made no contact with life outside.