Such Sweet Sorrow - May 2018

Tempest's-Eye

Such Sweet Sorrow - May 2018

Post by Tempest's-Eye » Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:33 am

May 3rd 2018, Kaza, Himachal Pradesh, India

"Toshi, please. We can talk ab - "

"What's there to talk about? You've made up your mind. I already told you I wouldn't go. You're leaving, so go."

The Ahroun gently squeezed her intended's hand, covering it with her own as she sank to a knee before him. "I - this - Toshi, the world is ending. I can feel it in my bones, this is real. This is important. Chimera wouldn't have agreed one of us needs to go if it wasn't. I have to do this." she says, her eyes going to meet his pleadingly. "Come with me. Please."

"One of us. You volunteered. It doesn't have to be you. You promised you weren't going anywhere. Now this. That promise lasted less than a year, Chandra." he said, pulling his hand back and flinging his arms skyward. "Not all of us are running from the past. Some of us have people we're not willing to just let /die/." he snapped at her, chestnut eyes burning with intensity as he shouted down at her.

"Toshi - " She reeled back as if struck, eyes going wide with rage that she quickly channeled, focusing hard on trying to sway him, trying to plead her case as she watched him grab the simple ring he wore on a chain around his neck, yanking it violently off and flinging it at her. "Don't you 'Toshi' me. Just go. Leave to go tilt at your windmills, like you always do. I'll be here with my family and friends, trying to stop this instead of running from my problems." he said, emotion welling in his eyes as he stormed out of the house, slamming the door behind himself.

Chandra knelt there, gripping the matching ring she wore on a chain about her neck as she stared down at the one he'd just thrown back in her face, dissolving into tears of blind rage as the frenzy overtook her, and the living room with it.
Chandra Patel "Tempest's-Eye"
Athro Homid Stargazer Ahroun
DECEASED - 10/1