Name: Michelle “Mitch” Núñez
Apparent Age: 28
Build: Compact and densely muscled, like a soccer player.
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Dark Brown
Tribe: Uktena (PB 2)
Physical Appearance/Distinguishing Characteristics:
Michelle is proudly Chicana and Navajo, and her mixed heritage is obvious in her long black hair, dark brown eyes, and cinnamon brown skin. She's built like a soccer player (probably because she used to be one) and sports a tattoo down the inside of her right arm that reads: "it always seems impossible until it's done".
When she’s not working her construction job, Mitch favors makeup, men’s clothing, and quality cigars; in short, she is dapper. as. fuck. As a social, outgoing sort, she’s on at least friendly acquaintance terms with most of Newberry and is a favorite with both students and teachers at Walton Academy, where she offers an extracurricular woodshop class once a week.
Michelle grew up in Newberry Glen with her father, Hector, her grandmother, Juana, and an absurd number of aunts, uncles, and cousins. She's a fourth generation Newberrian, and her family is a fixture in the community, particularly among working class and Latino residents. They're known for their work ethic, strong sense of morality, community mindedness, trustworthiness, and no small amount of pride. Her grandmother Juana is Eldest Uktena Kin and her late grandfather, Eduardo, was a member of the Sept of the Lost Coast until his death in 2002.
Growing up, Michelle (who started going by Mitch in her teens) was independent, confident, stubborn, and something of a tomboy. She was an extremely good student (at the public high school in Eureka) and a talented soccer player, but despite being eligible for numerous scholarships, she wasn’t interested in going to college. Instead, when she turned 18, she moved to L.A. to pursue a rap career, hoping to follow in the footsteps of Latina MCs like Snow Tha Product and Nitty Scott.
The dream was short lived; four years after she left, Michelle was forced to move home after her father broke his back in a construction accident. She now works for the same company, Reston Renovations, and has a woodcarving business on the side via Etsy. Since the influx of new members to the sept in August 2017, Mitch has also served as the construction lead for a number of projects on the caern and in kinfolk owned residences and businesses in Newberry.
Known Character Ties:
- Dated Kezia Mirga from 2014-2017.
- Best friends with or possibly sleeping with Denny Graves from 2014-2017.
- Grew up running around in the woods with that weird kid, Jack Beringer.
- In a subaltern pack with Jack Beringer and Bonnie Chambers (as of February 2017).
- Joined at the hip with Zaria Brooks, Gary Volkov, and Sydney Fairweather since October 2017. They even have matching tee shirts.
- Cousin of Guillermo "Poker Face" Núñez, currently a member of the Sept of the Lost Coast.
- Borrows all of her clothes from Trent Walton.
- Trent Walton borrows all of his clothes from her.
- Once got into a fist fight with Trent in the middle of Neiman Marcus over a blazer.
- Will play matchmaker for anybody who sits still longer than five minutes.
- Gay. Really gay. Lock-up-your-daughters-and-your-suits gay.
- Gym buddies with (or possibly Fitness Top for) Estelle Cromwell.
- Has designs on Lee Wilson.
Elliphant feat. Ras Fraser Jr. - Music Is Life
Ryder - Pretty Little Gangster
Fort Minor - High Road
Jessie Reyez - Great One
Kat Dahlia - Gangsta
G-Easy & Halsey - Him & I
Hamilton Mixtape - Immigrants: We Get the Job Done
B.o.B. feat. Hayley Williams - Airplanes