Newberry Glen Gazette [1.23.18]

The weekly local newspaper
Kirijama
Storyteller

Newberry Glen Gazette [1.23.18]

Postby Kirijama » Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:37 pm

Farmer's Market Winter Hours

Just a reminder, that the Newberry Farmer's Market has moved to their winter hours. Get your fresh produce three times a week, Monday, Wednesday and Saturday from 8 am to 4 pm.

This week's local produce recipe is roasted kohlrabi, carrots and parsnips. Take 2 kohlrabi ends and nobs, 1 large parsnip and 2 large carrots, peeled and sliced into large chunks. Toss with 2 tbsp olive oil, 1-2 cloves of garlic, peeled and crushed, a pinch of salt and black pepper to taste. Bake in the oven for 25-35 minutes at 400 F until golden brown and tender.

Enjoy!

The Purrfect Pussy Parade is Coming

The annual Perfect Pussy Parade is this Saturday. Bring your favourite felines to be judged and see who is the best pet. Categories include best eyes, softest coat, and best talent. As has become tradition, the Purrfect Pussy Parade is open both to actual cats as well as people dressed as cats. [PM Kirijama]

Waltz into Winter

The Walton Academy Winter Wonderland Dance is coming up February 3. Make sure you have your tickets and don't forget to visit Mimzy's Formal Wear for your suit rental and dress needs.

Busy Bee Story Circle

The Busy Bee story circle is starting up again at the Newberry Library. Aimed at children aged 1-5 the story circle reads a book and then does a small activity or craft afterwards that related. This thursday they're reading the Very Hungry Caterpillar.

Dear Samantha

Dear Samantha,

This tall handsome redhead works out at the beach, often times with his shirt off. I've started adjusting my schedule to watch the show, but I am starting to wonder if I'm being creepy. He is in a public space and clearly isn't shy, but at what point is my behavior problematic?

Thanks for your advice,
Single in Saltwater

Dear SiS,

The fact that you know his exact schedule is worrying. The fact that you adjusted your own to match his is a problem. Not the only one, but it's the big red flag that you need to look at your choices. You might think it's a show, but unless they're selling tickets, you should check before setting up your beach chair for a season pass.

There's objectifying and then there's stalking. Please stop.

With concern,
Samantha

Police Docket

• A party was broken up on Mulberry Street due to noise complaints last night.
  • Drag racers were spotted Sunday night on route 101 around midnight. [PM Kirijama]
  • Pine Road is closed for repairs between 4th and 5th after a burst pipe.
  • Several teenagers have been knocking over trash cans at night on garbage day.

Return to “Newberry Glen Gazette”