Form Traits, Wound Penalties, and Being Rage Over Will

The Medusae
Storyteller

Form Traits, Wound Penalties, and Being Rage Over Will

Postby The Medusae » Mon Dec 25, 2017 9:25 pm

A couple quick reminders, because I caught myself forgetting them whilst running combat (or came across the rule for them while looking up combat related thing:

(1) Rage Over Will

For every point of Rage you have above your Willpower, you lose one die on all social-interaction rolls.

(2) FORM TRAITS ARE YOUR FRIENDS! (Please note, for those of you who are used to Revised, the form traits are a little different in W20)

Glabro
+2 Strength
+2 Stamina
-1 Appearance
-2 Manipulation

Crinos
+4 Strength
+1 Dexterity
+3 Stamina
0 Appearance
-3 Manipulation

Hispo
+3 Strength
+2 Dexterity
+3 Stamina
-3 Manipulation
+1 die to bite damage

Lupus
+1 Strength
+2 Dexterity
+2 Stamina
-3 Manipulation
-2 difficulty to Perception rolls

(3) Wound penalties are a thing. We haven't been running them anywhere near this strictly, but I wanted to post them so folks can get a sense of just how nasty wound penalties really are. Badass warrior of Gaia or not, shit still hurts, so RP accordingly!

[ ] Bruised: No penalties.
[ ] Hurt: -1 to all dice pools.
[ ] Injured: -1 to all dice pools. Halve running speed.
[ ] Wounded: -2 to all dice pools. Cannot run, only walk. Character may not both move and attack.
[ ] Mauled: -2 to all dice pools. Can only stagger 3 yards per turn for your move.
[ ] Crippled: -5 to all dice pools. Can only crawl 1 yard per turn for your move.
[ ] Incapacitated: Cannot move or take any actions. Revert to breed form.

There's a lot of other incredibly detailed (and overly cumbersome) stuff about combat healing, the effects of different types of damage, etc. I doubt we'll use them in this game because of how unwieldy that gets online (plus, this is supposed to be slice of life), but if you're a geek for mechanics, or just like giving yourself a migraine, I recommend checking out that section of the book.

Return to “System & Mechanics”