State of the Game: Hiatus

The Mists
Head Storyteller

State of the Game: Hiatus

Postby The Mists » Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:12 am

Having consulted with all ASTs, we're deciding to put Newberry Glen on hiatus.

What this means OOC
Staff will run no scenes, and no NPCs will be available.

For the next few months, you can soft RP if you like, BUT:
- nothing can happen that would impact the setting (and will be retconned if it does)
- no XP will be earned after April
- no staff will be handling scenes

What this means going forward
When the wyld didn't advance for a few months, the Time of War was rescinded and Trent left on his elder challenge. Soft RP will take place in the lull that follows.

When the board closes (literally closes; you won't be able to log in), it means that (IC)a Time of War has resumed. OOC, myself and staff will be setting up to relaunch. When we DO relaunch, it will be announced in the Forum RP Facebook Group.

When the board relaunches, you will have a month to let staff know if you're returning to your PC or not. Staff will present a framework of how the Wyld War went. If your PC returns, you can write lits detailing your role in the war. If your PC doesn't, or we don't hear from you, your PC will be a casualty.

When game starts, curtains will rise on the conclusion of the final battle and RP can resume.

What we need from you
Either join this Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1555177861424838/ or leave contact info in your character forum so you can be alerted of the reboot.

Also note in your character forums any goals you'd hope to accomplish before the war. Or in the war, if you'd like.

Lastly, make notes of anything you don't want forgotten during hiatus.

But how loooooong
I'm HOPING we can get rolling this fall at the latest.

State of the Mists
I was asked to update y'all on me personally, too. >.> So hi.
Grief really started hitting me this month. Thre estate is mostly resolved, and the house just went on the market. I went from owning 0 dogs to owning both of my mom's. I love them, but it's exhausting. I'm creatively exhausted, to the point of even stepping back from Rocky Horror in the next month.

I'm starting a tabletop game to try and force some creativity back into me, but I've been disappointed with everything thus far. I also overcame my fear of all things medical to see a doctor, and have been diagnosed with mild to moderate depression and moderate to severe anxiety, BUT... that means I have meds now, which will hopefully help with.... everything.

I think about you guys daily and look forward to coming back. <3

The Mists
Head Storyteller

Re: State of the Game: Hiatus

Postby The Mists » Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:16 am

It's also worth noting that I've marked all read on my end (and deleted all PMs) to clean the to-do slate for the reboot, so anything already posted that will need my attention for the reboot will need to be resubmitted/bumped.

Return to “Staff Announcements”